Sudbury Park and Recreation
Skip to nav
Children's Prep for the Holidays Dining Etiquette Workshop
Holidays are a stressful time of the year and we can all use a little help to brush up on our etiquette, especially children. The aim of this 60-minute workshop is to teach children how to convey confidence, courtesy, and be self-reliant in any social or dining situation. During this workshop, students will learn the following:
- The importance of greeting others
- Behaving appropriately at other people's homes
- Respecting dress code
- Using "please" and "thank you"
- Understanding place settings
- The bread and butter plate
- Proper use of silverware
- What to do with unwanted food
- Passing food at the table
- Appropriate table conversation
- Approaching and seating at the table
- The napkin and its use
- How to correctly hold silverware
- The soup course
- American and Continental styles of dining
- and other table manners & much more!
Goals for this Program:
- Give students a strong foundation in social skills and dining etiquette
- Empower them with confidence and courtesy
- Propel them towards personal and professional success
For more information, visit New England School of Protocol online.
Please note registration for this program closes on Monday, November 29th!
*All programs will follow local Board of Health guidance for maintaining a safe and healthy environment*
Refund requests must be made using our Refund Request Form, found on our website, and dated at least 7 business days prior to the start of the program. Refund request made at least 7 business days in advance of the program will be assessed a $10 withdrawal fee. After 7 business days, no refunds will be granted. Refunds are easier to process if you pay by credit card. If more than three months have passed since your original credit card transaction your refund will be proceed by check. If you paid by check, you must submit a refund form with a copy of the cancelled check.
Additional Forms and Files: