Sudbury Park and Recreation
Skip to nav
Children's Restaurant Ready! Workshop
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Would you like to take your school aged children out to eat with you at a restaurant but you’re a little afraid how they might behave? In this class students will learn how to use good manners at the table when dining out at a restaurant or a special event. Table manners are not just about how to hold your silverware or how to place your napkin. Good table manners also show self-awareness, respect, and courtesy to others. They are important tools for social interactions that will benefit children personally and professionally for the rest of their lives.
- Invitations and how to RSVP
- Waiting for a table
- How to be seated
- Speaking to servers
- Menu & ordering food
- Understanding the place setting and silverware
- Trying new foods
- Sharing food
- Eating difficult foods
- How to handle food allergies
- Proper conversations at the table
- Using please and thank you
- Complimenting the chef and wait staff
- Other restaurant manners: Staying seated, cell phones, belching, playing with utensils or tablecloth, handling spills, and more
Goals for the Program:
- Give students a strong foundation in social skills and dining etiquette
- Empower them with confidence and courtesy
- Propel them towards personal and professional success
Please note registration for this program closes on Friday, October 8th!
*All programs will follow local Board of Health guidance for maintaining a safe and healthy environment*
Refund requests must be made using our Refund Request Form, found on our website, and dated at least 7 business days prior to the start of the program. Refund request made at least 7 business days in advance of the program will be assessed a $10 withdrawal fee. After 7 business days, no refunds will be granted. Refunds are easier to process if you pay by credit card. If more than three months have passed since your original credit card transaction your refund will be proceed by check. If you paid by check, you must submit a refund form with a copy of the cancelled check.
Additional Forms and Files: