Classes for all experience levels:
Garro Studios provides students with the opportunity to develop their drawing and painting skills. Students are encouraged to experiment with a wide variety of materials, including charcoal, graphite, pastel, watercolor, acrylics, mixed media, clay, and oils. Traditional and new approaches to art are discussed as well as other artists’ work and methods.
Emphasis is on personal expression and creativity to allow students to develop their fine art skills. Weekly classes will cover line, perspective, composition, value, handling edges, color theory and comparative measuring through demonstrations followed by individual attention and support. Each class will begin with drawing and discussion of the tools used to achieve a careful rendering of the still life, landscape, portraits & for some classes, the figure. Students will learn to show color, light, and atmosphere in their painting. A material list will be provided.
Goals and Objectives:
- Nurture individual self-expression and creative interests
- Expose students to a working art studio
- Teach foundational drawing and painting techniques to create realistic drawings and paintings
- Expose students to a variety of art media
- Cover elements of design
- Inform students of education and exhibition opportunities
Click for more information: Garro Studios, LLC