Skip to content
Sudbury Park and Recreation
How to Register
For the best browsing experience, please upgrade to
IE 9 or greater
Skip to nav
A fun sport for both beginners and competitive play. Table tennis, also known as ping-pong, is a sport in which two or four players hit a lightweight ball back and forth across a table using small rackets. The game takes place on a hard table divided by a net.
Table Tennis Fun Facts:
- Table tennis became a medal Olympic sport in the 1988 Summer Olympics in Seoul.
- Early table tennis paddles were normally made of cork, cardboard, or wood, and covered with cloth, leather or sandpaper.
- Table tennis is the most popular racquet sport in the world and ranked second overall in terms of participation. - Over 10 million players compete in sanctioned tournaments each year.
- A modern table tennis match at the elite level lasts on the average about 30 minutes. Top players often smash the ball at speeds exceeding 160 km per hour (100 miles per hour).
Click the link to learn more information about Table Tennis:
International Table Tennis Federation
Log In to Register
Table Tennis - Winter
55 and up
01/08/2019 - 03/26/2019
9:30 AM - 11:00 AM
Fairbank Community Center - Room 3
$0.00 Res, $0.00 Non-Res
The program will not be held on the following date(s): Tues. 2/19
* Adjustments and discounts will be applied during checkout if applicable. *
Return to Programs
View All Activities